Who are we?
BIOTRIN, z.s. is a non-profit and non-governmental organization, which was formed in 1997 as a platform for support and development of biotechnologies in the Czech Republic.
The goal of our organisation is to contribute to the development of the Czech general public education. We provide information from the latest scientific research in order to increase knowlege of modern biotechnology, focusing mainly on genetically modified organisms (GMO) and New Breeding Techniques (NBT).
Our target audience is very broad – from general public to scientific community, legal authorities, institutions and other stakeholders.
Our main activities
- Monitoring and distribution of information from the world of modern biotechnology
- We regularly publish news that we distribute through our website www.biotrin.cz and by e-mail to our subscribers.
- We organize thematically targeted seminars, workshops and conferences.
- We cooperate on and contribute to preparation of factual and educational publications.
- We cooperate with various stakeholders, mainly the Czech authorities and international organisations.
BIOTRIN‘s publication in English (2009): WHITE BOOK genetically modified crops - Scientific opinion of Czech researchers working with GMO
In 2018 Biotrin, z.s. organized together with the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague the international conference "New Breeding Techniques (NBT) - Hope for Agriculture and Food Chain", which was held in Prague on the 13th September 2018. See more at this link.
Leaflet "About BIOTRIN" to download: